Girls School Cinema and its website (www.girlsschoolcinema.com.au), are operated and maintained by ARTRAGE Inc, a not-for-profit incorporated association [ABN: 90 649 491 963]. When we refer to ‘you’ we mean the user and/or browser of the Website.
Statement of Commitment
The purpose of this document is to outline how ARTRAGE complies with our privacy obligations as required under the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 and, in particular, the Australian Privacy Principles set out in that Act.
As an organisation, one of our principal concerns is the welfare of our customers, employees, volunteers and stakeholders. A high level of trust and confidentiality is required to ensure the confidence of our customers, employees, volunteers and stakeholders. We aim to ensure that:
- your privacy will be protected when accessing our services or visiting our premises;
- you are able to access your personal information for review on request;
- the personal information collected about you and retained in our records is correct, up-to-date and safe;
- you are informed of how and when we collect your personal information, as well as what we may use your information for; and
- you are aware of how to raise any privacy concerns with us.
Personal Information Collected by ARTRAGE
You can visit the Girls School Cinema website (http://www.girlsschoolcinema.com.au) and browse without the need to disclose any personal information. We do, however, require you to supply certain personal details when you register with us or make a purchase from the website, in order to process your transaction and/or fulfil your order. Here are some specific examples:
- Postal address
- Email address
- Telephone and/or mobile numbers
- Feedback / comments
- Transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf
- Any user account preferences that you select
- Any other personal information which may be required to facilitate your dealings with us
- Any information that you disclose to us via direct email
We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and if you report a problem with our website.
For system administration and to report aggregate information about users’ browsing actions and patterns (from which users cannot be identified), we may also collect information about the device on which you are using the website, including where available, your IP address, operating system, browser type and mobile network information.
We will also collect and process any personal data supplied by you when registering an event or Private Hire at Girls School Cinema. Some examples of specific information we collect are as follows:
- Your ABN, bank account and GST status details
- Company name
- Job title
- Details about your screening and/or event
ARTRAGE may gather information about you in the following ways:
If you are a customer:
- When you create a Customer User account on our website
- When you make a ticketing purchase through our website*
- When you subscribe to our mailing lists and/or e-news
- When you request information from us
- When you apply for a job, volunteer or internship with us
*Please note that you may be able to purchase event tickets over the counter at the Box Office of Girls School Cinema on the day of the event without providing any personal information.
How ARTRAGE stores personal information
ARTRAGE may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about you, including information that we receive from third parties. We have taken a number of physical, electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
ARTRAGE protects the personal information it collects in a secure database stored by our third-party ticketing provider. It is in proprietary data format, which can only be read using proprietary tools.
Any data requests from ARTRAGE to our third-party ticketing provider is stored on ARTRAGE’s intranet server which is protected, secure and is unreachable by the internet.
All data relating to ticketing transactions conducted through the Girls School Cinema website are encrypted and handled directly by our third-party ticketing provider and our payment provider.
ARTRAGE employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by ARTRAGE as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information. They are also required sign in and use a password when accessing ARTRAGE systems and to undertake training about how to manage personal information.
How ARTRAGE may use personal information
For general public enquiries and/or e-news subscribers:
- To provide you with further ARTRAGE information which may be of interest (such as email newsletters), if you have voluntarily provided your contact details for this purpose.
- To contact you in response to your specific Girls School Cinema enquiries.
- For any other reasonable business purpose which will enable ARTRAGE to better service your needs or to protect the venue and associated individuals from harm.
- To advocate on your behalf with government agencies and organisations to obtain other support services and benefits for you.
For ticket and merchandise purchasers:
- To contact you about your tickets, merchandise or information about the events(s) you have booked e.g. to let you know if a session is cancelled.
- To complete financial transactions e.g. with credit card companies.
- To compile data on the preferences of attendees of events at Girls School Cinema to improve future services and programming.
For other people’s information that you provide to us:
- If you provide personal information to us about someone else (such as a family member or friend) you must ensure that you are entitled to disclose that personal information to us.
- You should take reasonable steps to ensure that the individual concerned is aware of the various matters detailed in this policy, including our identity, how to contact us, our purposes for collecting the information, our information disclosure practices, the individual's right to obtain access to the information and to have it corrected, and the consequences for the individual if the information is not provided.
For registrations of a screening and/or event:
We will primarily use the information that you provide to contact you about all matters relevant to your screening and/or event to program our Girls School Cinema seasons.
Your name, your promotion company name and contact details may be displayed on our website to allow customers to find out more information about you and your screening/event, as well as used in screening/event and program proofs.
We may ask for your permission to pass on your contact details or your nominated media personnel to accredited media and arts industry professionals. You may withdraw your consent to our use of your data in this way at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, ARTRAGE will only use your personal information:
- In an aggregated form for use in our reporting
- As required or authorised by law
- Where there is a serious and imminent threat to your life, health, or safety or a serious threat to public health or public safety
- For secondary purposes which are directly related to the primary purpose of collection of the personal information such as for quality assurance, staff training and as may be required by our insurers.
ARTRAGE may disclose your personal information to:
- Third party contractors and service providers who help us operate our business or provide a service to you. ARTRAGE may disclose your personal information to third party contractors and service providers who, for example, help us send out our mail/email, operate our ticketing platform, provide us with fraud prevention services, maintain our website design, and perform data analysis to group demographic attributes of individuals.
ARTRAGE will only disclose your personal information:
- If the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act; or
- If you have consented to the disclosure.
We may preserve the content of any e-mail you send us if we believe we have a legal requirement to do so or are otherwise permitted to do so under the Privacy Act.
Any e-mail messages that we keep may be monitored by us for trouble-shooting or maintenance purposes or if any form of e-mail abuse is suspected.
Electronic direct marketing and research
ARTRAGE may use personal information about you for marketing and research purposes. However, you can manage your ARTRAGE communication preferences in a number of ways, e.g. within your online user account if you are an online customer; or by contacting our us (see end of this document for details). In addition, the marketing communications that we send to you will also contain information on how to unsubscribe from those communications.
You can also tell us at any time if you do not want us to disclose your details to other organisations such as our related companies or third parties for marketing purposes. To do this, you just need to contact us (see end of this document for details).
Sometimes ARTRAGE extracts information from our collected records to produce aggregated data. This aggregated data does not identify individuals. ARTRAGE uses the aggregated data for research purposes and may share the data with third parties.
Cookies, Tracking and Advertising
For each visitor to our website, our server automatically recognises and stores the visitor's IP address.
If you use the 'Remember Me' feature during the user account 'sign in' process, the cookies will also store your sign in username.
Sometimes our website contains links to third party websites for your convenience and information. When you access a non-ARTRAGE website, please understand that ARTRAGE is not responsible for the privacy practices of those external sites. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
Keeping your personal information up to date
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date whenever we collect or use it.
If you think any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, you can manage your information we have stored by logging into your online account via girlsschoolcinema.com.au if you have an online customer account. Otherwise, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to correct the information.
Accessing your personal data
Under the Australian Privacy Principles, you have a right to request access to the personal information that ARTRAGE holds about you and seek its correction.
If you have a login account, you are able to access or correct some of your personal information by logging onto our website.
If you do not have a login account, please email email@example.com. Please include your contact details such as email address and telephone number and enclose a copy of a form of identification such as a current driver's licence or passport. We aim to respond to requests for access or correction within 30 days.
There are certain situations under the Australian Privacy Principles where we may refuse to provide you with access to or correct your personal information, but we will always let you know in writing if this is the case.
In case you believe that ARTRAGE has breached one of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered APP code that binds ARTRAGE, please send this complaint in writing. We aim to respond to these complaints within 30 days.
Attn: Office ManagerPost: Artrage, 89 Melbourne Street, Northbridge WA 6003Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of Policy